After exploring Geo Technologies (GPS, GIS, Google Earth & Maps, etc.) Games, Simulations & Virtual Reality in class and participating in a GPS Scavenger Hunt, reflect specifically on how you might use at least two emerging technologies in your future classroom.
I plan to teach young children, so I don't think a GPS Scavenger Hunt, while fun and appropriate for older children, will work for them. However, I would like to use the GPS Travel Bugs in my classroom. If my students are anything like me, they will not have traveled much by the time they are in school. Travel Bugs are a great way to live vicariously through others. I would ask finders to post short stories of their adventures on our class blog, and would have the students discuss where the bug is. I would also map the bug's travels on a big map in the classroom. At the end of the school year, I would have each student chose a travel destination, and have them share with the class why they chose that locale.
I would also use games in class. Many of the games I played were fun and educational. In 1st and 2nd grade, Math is basically memorizing; children memorize times tables, steps involved in mathematical functions, etc. I think the games help children memorize in a fun way. The racecar game shown in class helps children learn their times tables, and helps them recall them quickly. I also think games help children with reading. There are many games that help children learn the alphabet and the sounds each letter makes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Brandie,
Your choices are highly appropriate for the age level with whom you will work. CB
Post a Comment